Banana wrapped with sticky rice and coconut milk.
Vietnamese rice rolls with Vietnamese ham, bean sprout and dried shallot, and fish sauce.
Peanuts sticky rice. Usually, people have this for breakfast in Vietnam.
- 1 cup boiled peanuts
- 2 cups glutinous rice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For topping:
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons crushed roasted peanuts
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- sugar - to taste
1) Soak sticky rice and raw peanuts overnight.
2) Boil peanuts in a separate pan until soft or crunchy. Depend on what you like.
3) Steam the sticky rice.
4) Once sticky rice almost cooked, add in the coconut milk.
5) Mix in the boiled peanuts.
6) Mix in the sugar and the salt.
Presentation: See below.
Scoop a small amount of sticky rice into the plate.
Top with shredded coconut, peanut pieces, sesame seeds and sugar.