Sunday, November 13, 2011

Tandoori Chicken Puffs

Recently, I noticed a lot of the folks in the food forum start making a lot of Indian dishes. It makes me want to make something really bad, but I don't have any Indian seasoning in my cupboard. Last week, I was at the grocery and noticed a jar of Tandoori seasoning stared at me straight in the face as if it was trying to tell me, "Take me home with you!" And Ta ta....that was how I came up with Tandoori Chicken Puff.



The golden brown color is so pretty, and they are simply delicious.






One can of flaky biscuit, I can make 16 of the chicken puffs.




Not only they are great for breakfast, but lunch and snack as well. I took the whole batch over to my in-law yesterday, and they loved it. This morning, I ended up making a new batch for my parents.






Ingredients:


1 can of flaky biscuits


a little bit of All Purpouse flour (use this to roll out your dough so it won't be sticky)


1 egg (use the yolk only for egg wash)




Seasonings:


2 Tbsp. yogurt


1/2 -1 Tbsp. Tandoori Seasoning


1/2 tsp. grated ginger


1 clove garlic, minced
1 TB of oyster sauce




Filling:


1 lb of ground chicken


1 onion (minced)


2-3 green onion (chopped)


pinch of salt


pinch of sugar


pinch of pepper




-Add Seasoning and filling together




Method:


1) Divide one piece of biscuit dough into half and roll it out in circle


2) Add in 1 TB of the filling and put in the middle of the dough


3) Fold it in half and press the edge together with your fingers


4) Brush the pastry with the egg wash using a pastry brush


5) Prehead the oven to 375F degress, bake for 15 minutes


6) Turn the oven down to 300 F degrees, and bake until golden brown.


7) Serve with a cup of coffee for breaksfast :-)




No comments: