It's a spicy, warm, and comfort food. This will well with French bread.
This is my bowl :-)
The Kaffir lime leaves gave this pot of curry chicken a very special aroma. I just loved it. This picture was taken after I added all the ingredients in. And then I will have it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
I made the whole big pot. Check out the finish product . Want a bowl and dip with French bread? :-)
-10 chicken legs (take the skin off and cut into pieces)
-1 onion (cut into thin slices)
-2 TBS of Red Curry Paste
-1 TBS of yellow curry from India
-1 can of coconut milk (you can put less if you don't like coconut milk)
-3 TBS of fish sauce
-3 TBS of sugar
-3 TBS of lemongrass
- 2 carrots (cut into slices)
-4 big clove of garlic (minced)
-5 lime leaves
-Basil for garnish
-4 different types of potatoes (I used sweet red potatoes, sweet white potatoes, regular American potatoes, and Taro. ) -- optional.
Note: Fried the sweet potatoes and Taro in advance. As for regular potatoes, you just add them into the pot.
Marinade for chicken:
-2 clove of minced garlic
-1 TB of yellow curry from India
-2 TBS of lemongrass
-1 TBS of sugar
-1 tsp salt
-1 TBS fish sauce
- 2 TBS of starch
- 2 cups of hot water
-1 small chilli pepper (cut into small pieces)
Note: Marinade the chicken with seasoning for at least 30 minutes.
1. Put olive oil in the pot.
2. Add garlic and lemongrass (stir until fragrance and little brown)
3. Add the marinaded chicken in. Stir for 10 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk.
5. Add fish sauce, and sugar.
6. Let it simmer for 20-25 minutes.
7. Add the lime leaves.
8. Add the rest of the remaining lemongrass
9. Add the Red Paste Curry.
10. Add hot water.
10. Add the rest of the remaining ingredients.
11. Add sugar, salt, fish sauce, curry to taste (if it's too salty, add sugar. If it's too sweet, add more fish sauce. If the coconut aroma is too strong, add more water , and so on. )
12. Add a little cold water with starch. And add it to the pot.
This can be served with noodles or dip with French Bread. Yum Yum !