Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Deep Fried Imitation Crab Legs Tempura

While cooking the Thai curry chicken dish, I have to fry the sweet potatoes in advance. Since I was frying food, might as well look for something else to fry so I can use the left over oil. I have some imitation crab legs in the fridge that I want to use for the longest time, but I did not have a chance to do so. So here it is, deep fried imitation crab legs tempura.

This would be a great appetizer wrap with lettuce and a variety of herbs like mints, basils, ect. And dip in lemony, garlic fish sauce. The word "YUM" comes to mind just thinking about it.


Ingredients:
-pre-season Tempura flour
- 1 egg
- a little bit of water
- dash of pepper
-Imitation Crab legs

Method:
1. Add about 1/2 cup of the pre-season tempura flour into the bowl.
2. Add 1 egg.
3. Add 1/2 up of water
4. Add a little bit of salt and pepper to taste.
5. Dip the imitation crab leg in the mixture.
6. Fry the crab leg until golden brown.
7. Use paper towels to take the oil out
8. Wrap with lettuce and variety of mints
9. Dip with garlic, lemony fish sauce

Yummy Appetizer!

No comments: