Hột Vịt Bắc Thảo - Preserved Duck Eggs (Pei dan in Cantonese or Pi dan in Madarin)
It will go well with chinese bread sticks (You Tiao/Yau Jar kaui/Dầu Cháo Quẩy)
You can also garnish with whatever you like. Scallions, fried shallots, red chilli peppers, black pepper, and so on.
Since the weather is getting colder, I made the whole big pot.
This is what preserved duck eggs look like when cut.
Check them out.
I have minced the ginger, and the scallions for this dish.
2. pork neck bone or chicken broth
3. scallions (cut into small pieces)
4. ginger (cut into slender small pieces)
5. six preserved duck eggs
6. dry shrimps (optional)
7. salt, peppers, fish sauce, sugar (a little bit of each to taste)
1. put in a big pot of water . Add pork bones and bring to a boil, then simmer (covered) for 30 minutes.
2) add 1 to 2 cups of white rice , and let it summer for 20 minutes or until the rice is soft.
3) add 6 presevered duck eggs, each peeled and chopped into pieces.
4) add in the ginger
5) stir in 2 stalks of scallions
6) add in all the seasoning (salt, fish sauce, pepper, and sugar) to taste.
7) simmer for 30 more seconds, then it's ready to serve.
8) garnish with fried shallots, scallions, chilli peppers, black peppers.
9) eat with chinese bread stick (You Tiao/Yau Jar kaui/Dầu Cháo Quẩy)