This can be served with Jasmine steam rice, sweet & sour shedded turnips, carrots, cucumbers, and cilantro.
2-4 pounds of chicken wings.
1 teaspoon of salt.
1 teaspoon of pepper.
1 Tablespoon of garlic powder. (you can add more if you like garlic)
1 cup of cornstarch/all purpose flour (use to coat the wings)
1 teaspoon of dry thyme. (optional)
Canola oil (for frying the wings)
3 small garlic (chopped)
2 TB of fish sauce
2 TB of sugar
cilantro for garnish.
1) Marinate the chicken wings with salt, pepper, and garlic powder for 1-2 hours, and put in the refrigerator.
2) Dip chiken wings into flour and fry all the wings.
3) In another pan, put some olive oil and add the chopped garlic.
4) Cook until the garlic become fragrant and lightly brown.
5) Add in the fried chicken wings in the pan.
5) Add 2 TB of fish sauce.
6) Add 2 TB of sugar
7) Toss the wings in the pan until they are well coated with the rest of the ingredients.
Tip: You have to toss the wings really fast because you don't want its to get burn due to the sugar.
If you try this recipe, feel free to drop me a comment and let me know how it turns out.