Saturday, September 29, 2018

Shrimp Bruschetta

Everytime, there is a party and I don't feel like doing a lot of cooking I always ended up making this appertizer.  Not only it's simple, but delicious and it's always a HIT at every party.  I actually made this at my Uncle's house warming party last month and everyone has been asking for recipe.  Since the Holidays are around the corner, I thought I share this recipe.



Ingredients:
-1 lbs of shrimp (cleaned , deveined and diced into small pieces)
-1/2 container of crab meat (You can purchase at your local grocery or Costco's.)
-bell peppers (red, yellow, and green. I used half of each - cleaned, diced)
-1/2 medium onion (cleand and diced)
-1/2 medium red onion (cleanded and diced)
-bunch of cilantro (for garnish)
-1/2 bunch of scallions (cleaned and cut into small pieces)
-3 cloves of garlic (minced into small pieces)
-1/2 tsp of chicken powder, salt, pepper and sugar (add more or less depend on your taste)
-2 to 3 TB of mayonaise (use this to mix into fillings later once it's cool down)
-French bread (cut into thin slices. I usually get 3 french bread).

Method:
Fillings:
1) Wok: add oil, minced garlic, and everything in except (cilantro, scallions, and mayonaise).
2) Turn off heat, and add scallion and cilantro
NOTE: Pour out any liquid from the filling. You dont' want liquid!
3) Once the filling is cool, add 2-3 TB of mayo.
4) Scoop 1/2 TB of filling onto the bread slices.  Add some cheese on top.
NOTE: do not add too much filling or else it will not be crunchy.
5) Put all on the baking tray for 400 degree F between 10-15 min depend on your oven.
6) Turn to Broil in last 5 min for crunchy top.
7) Serve

Trust me, it will be a HIT at your party!

No comments: