Thursday, May 23, 2013

To^m Chie^n Ta^y Ho^` - Shrimps & Sweet Potato Fritters

Since I have some veggies and herbs left, I like to finish them up.  How am I going to do that? I have some sweet potato at home with some shrimps. Then I decided to make Shrimps and Sweet Potato Fritters.  Actually, these are great for snacks but can be quite filling for dinner or eaten anytime of the day.  Check them out.


They are crunchy and the sweet potato just make it so much better.
 I toasted them up before we eat them since I love the crunchy texture.
 Once you wrap them in summer herbs and lettuce and dip them in the fish sauce, it's like you're in heaven.  They are out of this world. Yummy!


Fish sauce for dipping
Enjoy!

Ingredients ( serves 4-6)

For the Batter:


  • 1 cup rice flour
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 cups water
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
  • 1 tsp baking powder 
For the Shrimps:
  • 1 lb small white shrimps**
  • salt, pepper, chicken stock to taste
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 500g (1.1 lb) sweet potatoes
  • canola oil to deep fry
  • fresh greens: lettuce, corriander, mint, cucumber/apple
  • Pickled carrots and daikons
  • Vietnamese light dipping sauce (nuoc cham)
Assemble:
Wrap the fritters with the lettuce and fresh herbs and veggies and dunk it into the fish sauce.  Then it's chow time, baby! :-)

No comments: