Sunday, April 29, 2012

Summer Fruit Tart


I have ton of fresh fruit left over from last weekend.  What to do? I am tired of making fruit parfait or eating them with yogurt.  I stumbled upon this fresh fruit tart from Karen's blog, and voila` my Summer Fruit Tart is born. :-)  Thank you, Karen for a wonderful recipe.  Not only it's pretty to look at, but the pasty cream is just right. Not sweet, just the way I like it.

http://kareninthekitchen.wordpress.com/2011/03/26/fresh-fruit-tart/




I did not have raspberries so I used blackberries instead.  Also, I added a slice of mango in the center.


Check out my thin pastry crust.


Spread the fillings in the pastry crust

 Cut the fruit and place them into separate bowl



 And last but not least, brush the fruit glaze on top

Enjoy!


Fresh Fruit Tart
Sweet Pastry Crust:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Pastry Cream:
1 ¼ cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
3 large egg yolks
¼ cup granulated white sugar
2 tablespoons  flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
¼ cup half and half
Glaze: (optional)
1/2 cup strawberry  jelly
1 tablespoon water
Topping:
2 – 3 cups mixed fruit, such as raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, kiwifruit

1 comment:

icewine1999 said...

hello Vy , còn nhớ chị IW kg em , lúc truóc có cùng chơi trong vn1 của anh P đó ( nhắc tới ảnh cái buồn và nhớ quá ) Nhà hàng online ngó của Vy nhiều đồ ăn quá , chị mò mò bên quán của KK sao thấy site Vy nè , stop by to say hi với Vy nè , báo truóc với Vy là dòm đuọc món nào dể làm là chị chôm liền đó nhe .