Friday, April 16, 2010

Vietnamese Broken Rice with Grilled Pork and Shredded Pork Skin

This is another one of my hubby's favorite dish. I don't make it much because it takes a lot of effort. These days, I tried to cook easy dishes. Last week, I saw this Vietnamese Broken Rice with Pork chop and Shredded Pork Skin platter. Immediately, I asked EL sis for the recipe since it has been a while and I forgot how to marinade the pork chop.




Wow! I just love the color. Aren't they amazing? Thanks again EL sis. You're the best!


Here is a platter for you to try. Yummy!


Ingredients
Shredded Pork Skin:
1 lb Cooked, shredded pork skin. Purchase Asian grocery stores.
3 oz. bag roasted rice powder
pinch of salt
3 clove of minced garlic

Pork Chop marinade:
1-2 lbs of pork chop (I used boneless pork chop)
2 TB of oyster sauce
2 TB of fish sauce
4 cloves of shallot
5 cloves of garlic
2 TB of honey/syrup
1 TB of sugar
pinch of pepper
1 TB of olive oil
dash of dark soy sauce
1 TB of lemongrass (minced - optional)

Method:

1. First thaw the pork skin, and wash the pork in slightly luke warm water with a pinch of salt.
2. Drain and allow to dry before mixing with the roasted rice powder.
3. Mix the dry pork skin, pork, salt, and approximately 2-3 oz. of roasted rice powder and garlic thoroughly and set aside.
4. Mix all the ingredients for pork chop marinade and put in a plastic bag.
5. Add the pork chop to the marinade (marinade with pork chop at least 4 hours or over night)
6. Grilled the pork chop
7. Arrange the platter like above
8. Garnish with cucumbers, tomatoes or any other veggies.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Dã Quỳ said...

Ngon quá đi thôi. Trúc Vy ơi, cho xin 1 dĩa nha. :) :)

Zoe said...

1 di~a coming up nhen :-)

Charenn29 said...

great post, I really like it. Thanks for posting. :)

Anonymous said...

I was completely confused.... after already marinating everything minus the shredded porkskin I realized that some of the marinating was referring to the porkskin it self not the pork chop. Hopefully my pork chop turns out well. its been marinated with the grilled floured. :/ However, Thanks for sharing your recipe.