This is another one of my hubby's favorite dish. I don't make it much because it takes a lot of effort. These days, I tried to cook easy dishes. Last week, I saw this Vietnamese Broken Rice with Pork chop and Shredded Pork Skin platter. Immediately, I asked EL sis for the recipe since it has been a while and I forgot how to marinade the pork chop.
Wow! I just love the color. Aren't they amazing? Thanks again EL sis. You're the best!
Here is a platter for you to try. Yummy!
Shredded Pork Skin:
1 lb Cooked, shredded pork skin. Purchase Asian grocery stores.
3 oz. bag roasted rice powder
pinch of salt
3 clove of minced garlic
Pork Chop marinade:
1-2 lbs of pork chop (I used boneless pork chop)
2 TB of oyster sauce
2 TB of fish sauce
4 cloves of shallot
5 cloves of garlic
2 TB of honey/syrup
1 TB of sugar
pinch of pepper
1 TB of olive oil
dash of dark soy sauce
1 TB of lemongrass (minced - optional)
1. First thaw the pork skin, and wash the pork in slightly luke warm water with a pinch of salt.
2. Drain and allow to dry before mixing with the roasted rice powder.
3. Mix the dry pork skin, pork, salt, and approximately 2-3 oz. of roasted rice powder and garlic thoroughly and set aside.
4. Mix all the ingredients for pork chop marinade and put in a plastic bag.
5. Add the pork chop to the marinade (marinade with pork chop at least 4 hours or over night)
6. Grilled the pork chop
7. Arrange the platter like above
8. Garnish with cucumbers, tomatoes or any other veggies.