Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Strawberry-Yogurt swirled frozen pops

The other day, I was at the doctor office. While waiting for my turn, I saw a very refreshing strawberry-yogurt swirled frozen pops recipe in a magazine. I decided to jot down the recipe on a piece of napkin. My hubby laughed at me. He thinks everywhere I go, I collect recipes. Anyway, he sure glad I did because he loves this frozen pops. Check it out.





I bought this ice pop molds a few years back, but never get to use it. Finally, I have a chance to use it this summer :-)

To remove them from the molds, you need to let them sit in room temperature for at least 5 minutes.

Ingredients:

1 pound strawberries,
1/4 cup of sugar (I only use 2-3 Tablespoon since I don't like it too sweet.)
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 and 1/2 cup of yogurt ( I buy the big jar , non-sweet and i added a little bit of sugar.)

Equipment: ice pop molds


Method:

1) Use a blender to mash strawberry, sugar and lemon juice together. Put on a side.

2) Pour yogurt out to another container. Put on a side.

3) Alternately, scoop each spoon of strawberry mixture and then one scoop of yogurt into the pop molds.

4) Freeze until firm (4-6 hours).

Enjoy!


1 comment:

ICook4Fun said...

About the flower buns question you left on my blog. After cutting the dough I hold both ends and give about 5 twist and then make a loop and tuck both ends to the bottom. Hope this help. Hope this help.