Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lemongrass chicken stir-fry with Curry

Have you ever try lemongrass chicken stir-fry with curry before? It's a very tasty dish. In fact, this dish would go well with rice. I made this yesterday for my hubby. Since he loves spicy food so much, I added extra chilli peppers for him. Also, I added a little curry to give it an interesting flavor.



You will also need garlic, shallots, chilli peppers.


Put everything together and marinade for at least 30 minutes or so.


Stir-fry it with olive oil .


And voila`, dinner is ready.


Ingredients:
2 lbs of chicken ( I used dark meat since it tastes better than white meat.)
2 TBS of chopped lemongrass
1 tsp of ginger
1tsp of curry powder
2 tsp of fish sauce
1 tsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
3 cloves of shallot, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
2-3 chill peppers (add more chilli pepper if you like it spicy)

Method:
1. Mixed all the ingredients with chicken and marinade for 30 minutes or so.
2. In a wok, add 1 TBS of olive oil.
3. Add ginger, garlic, shallot, lemongrass. Stir-fry until fragrant.
4. Add in chicken and the rest of the seasoning.
5. Add salt, sugar, chilli peppers until it suit your taste.

This can be served with rice or noodles.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Quyen said...

Hi Zoe, hope you are well.

I just want to let you know that I cooked this dish last night for dinner and it was very yummy. Thank you very much.

Zoe said...

Hello Quyen,
I almost about this dish. I have ton of chicken breasts at home and I have no idea what to do. I should make this dish. Thanks for the reminder. I am glad you like it :-)

-Zoe