Friday, February 13, 2009

Dried Scallop Fried Rice

People have been raving how great this fried rice recipe for the longest time. I really want to make this awhile back, but I don't have dried scallop. Finally, I bought some last week. This fried rice recipe is awesome. I made it yesterday, and my hubby loved it. Thank you Mr. Neochoco for posting this great recipe. Of course I changed the recipe a little bit to suit my taste. :-)


This is the whole tray. I added fresh Chinese Sausages that was given to me by my sister-in-law. Instead of just white eggs, I added the yolks as well.



Check this out.


These are the ingredients you will need. I cooked the rice one day in advance so it will taste better when you make fried rice. We have dried scallops, scallions, chinese brocolli, and eggs.


Here is another plate of the fried rice.



Ingredients:
-4 cups cold cooked rice
-1/4 lbs of dried scallop (soak in hot water for 20 minutes and break them into small pieces)
-4 eggs (pre-fried and cut into small pieces)
-1 bunch of chinese brocolli (I don't use the leaves.)
-1 bunch of scallion (cut into small pieces)
-salt, pepper
-2 cooked Chinese sausages (cut into small pieces)
-3 cloves of garlic, minced
-olive oil

Method:
1) Wash and finely chop the green onion. Lightly beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.

2) Heat a wok or frying pan and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add garlic and stir utnil fragrant. Add the rice, and stir constantly. Use a wooden spoon to break it apart. Do not let the rice stick together.

4) Add in dried scallops, chinese sausages and mixed well.

5) Add Chinese brocolli, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Stir in the green onion.

6) Sprinkle black pepper. Serve hot.

Enjoy!

No comments: