After I drained all the water that came out from the fish, I broiled them for an additional 15 minutes. Then I garnished them with fried shallots, scallions, cilantros, and peanuts. This can be wrapped with rice paper, vermicelli noodles and dip with lemony fish sauce. They are simply delicious and healthy. Check them out. Don't they look good?
-4 tilapias (you can use catfish, blue fish, ect)
-3 TB garlic powder
-3 TB onion powder
-1/2 cup cooking syrup
-1/2 of an orange and squeeze out the juice
-2 oranges (cut them in slices. Use this for grilling later)
-2 sweet onions (cut them in slices. Use this for grilling later)
-1 TB of sesame oil
-1 ts salt
-1 ts pepper
-3 TB oyster sauce
-1 TB of sugar
- 1/2 cup of fried peanuts (chopped. Use this for garnish)
-1/2 cup of fried shallots (use this for garnish)
-1/2 cup of chopped scallions (use this for garnish)
-one bunch of cilantros
-honey and butter
1. Marinate the fish with garlic, onion, sesame oil, sugar, salt, pepper, orange juice, cooking syrup, and oyster sauce for 30-45 minutes. Put in refregerator.
2. On a tray, put one layer of slices sweet onions, slices of oranges. Then put the fish. And then another layer of slices of sweet onions and oranges.
3. Put the remainding marinated sauce on them.
4. Covered with aluminum foil and placed them in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.
5. Drained the water that came out from the fish. Changed the oven to broil on high.
6. Take off the aluminum foil and let them sit in the oven for 15 minutes or so.
7. Put one layer of butter on top of the fish. And a little bit of honey.
8. After 5 minutes, take them out of the oven.
9. On a separate pan, put olive oil in and add the chopped garlic and scallions. Add a little bit of salt.
1. On a big plate, put 4 grilled tilapia.
2. Garnish with scallions and olive oil.
3. One layer of fried shallots.
4. One layer of peanuts.
5. Some cliantros.
And Voila`....You got yourself a wonderful, and healthy meal. Enjoy!