Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bo` Bi'a ( Jicama Summer Rolls)

It has been a while since I had Jicama. Therefore, I decided to make Jicama Summer rolls. The crunchy of the shredded jicama and shredded slices of carrot made this a yummy snack at anytime. This roll is consists of jicama root, carrot, chinese sausage, eggs, and dried shrimps. We use rice paper to wrapp in an egg roll shape along with fresh lettuce and any herbs you like. For me, I used Vietnamese and Thai mints, and cilantro. Usually this snack is dipped with peanut sauce. However, I am too lazy to make it. Therefore, I dipped in regular lemony garlic fish sauce that I still have left over from last night.



Check out the Chinese saussages, slices of fried eggs, and shredded jicama root and shredded carrots. You can put the dried shrimps separate, but I decided to put in together along with the jicama and carrot.



\

This is what jicama root looks like after being shredded.



Just in case you don't know what Jicama roots look like, here they are. They are crunchy and delicious. Back in the old country, I used to much on the younger jicama root as a snack.




Enjoy!

No comments: