Saturday, June 14, 2008

Vietnamese Crab and Chicken Broth Noodles Soup

There are many varieties of Vietnamese soup. But I like this one a lot since it is my favorite soup . In Vietnamese, we called it Bu'n Rie^u. You can use chicken or pork broth or both. Yesterday, I made this combination of chicken and pork broth so this morning I can put everything together faster.

This dish is consist of tomatoes, tofu, combination of crab meat mixed with ground chicken that was marinated with onion, garlic, salt, pepper, shallot, sugar, a little bit of oyster sauce. With the chicken and crab meat mixuture, I basically added 5 or 6 eggs in the bowl along with the meat. Then I used a spoon and scooped each Table spoon of this mixture into a big pot of boiled broth. You can add whatever you like to the soup stock. But I like mine this way. You can eat this soup with rice vermicelli noodles. I made one big pot. We going to have this for breakfast today.




This is how it looks like. Of course, if you like it spicy you can always put chilli peppers. We eat this along with some raw veggies. See below.


Veggies are consist of rau muong (raw stripped morning glory), banana flowers (the purple strips), bean sprouts, and lime.



No comments: