Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cream Cheese Orange Zest Cake

It's time for me to clean up the fridge again. I found a package of cream cheese.  In order to make cheesecake, I need at least two packages of it.  Since I only have one left, I am not sure what to do with it.  One of my net pal recommended me to try out this recipe by BỌ GIÀ , cream cheese lemon cake.  Since I don't have lemon at home, I used orange zest instead.  The result is awesome.  It's super-moist and not so sweet and the zest flavor is just out of this world.




Ingredients:
190 gram of AP
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 ts of baking soda
1/4 ts of salt
150 gram of butter (put in room temperature)
140 gram of cream cheese (put in room temperature)
200 gram of caster sugar (Perfect! Just right and not so sweet.)
3 large eggs (put in room temperature)
1/2 tsp vanilla
zest of a lemon or orange (whatever you have handy)

Method:
A) In a bowl, add the following ingredients (AP flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt - mix together)
B) In another bowl, add the butter, cream cheese and sugar (stir well). Add egg, vanilla and orange zest.  Then combine A with B.

Oven 350F and bake for 50 min or until golden brown.

No comments: