It has been a while since we had steak. After work on Friday last week, I went to Giant's and picked up some steaks for dinner. Also, I grabbed some asparagus and voila` dinner is ready. Hubby loves it.
2 slices of NY Strip steaks
Montreal steak seasoning
Oyster sauce (1 TB)
1) Let your steaks rest in room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
2) Pat steaks dry with paper towels.
3) Marinade with Montreal steak seasoning, oyster sauce and shallot.
4) Add olive oil/butter on your skillet.
5) Sear the steaks in high heat each side 3 minutes
6) Take steaks off the skillet and onto a baking sheet.
7) Finish under a preheated broiler or in 450 degree oven (for about 6-7 min)
8) Let them rest for 7-10 minutes before slice into it.
6) Serve with brown rice and asparagus.
Note: For the asparagus, I just marinade it with salt , pepper and olive oil and then throw them in the oven for a few minutes.