Beef balls soup with cilantro and scallion and black pepper.
Use the food processor and ground the meat. After 3 hours in the freezer, put the meat paste in the standing mixer and add the rest of the ingredients and beat for 15 minutes.
Place the meat paste in the fridge overnight.
Boiled a pot of water, add some garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Then start making beef balls.
Press the beef paste out through the thumb and index fingers into a pot of boiling water.
Remove them as soon as they are cooked, and put them in the ice water.
Final product : Firm, Springy, and crunchy bouncy beef balls.
Put them in the fridge and use later on for hot pots or any kinds of soup.
2 lbs lean beef
4 TBS fish sauce
6 clove of minced garlic
1 TBS sugar
2 TBS oil
4 TBS corn starch
2 TBS baking powder
8 TBS water
1 tsp white pepper freshly grind
1. Mince the beef in a food processor until a paste is form.
2. Put in the fridge for 3 hours or more
3. Transfer the beef paste to the standing mixer, and add the rest of the ingredients
4. Use the paddle, and choose # 4 and beat for 15 minutes
5. Put the meat paste back in the fridge and leave it overnight.
6. Boil a pot of water. Scoop the paste onto your wet hand. Push the paste through your thumb and 2nd finger by making a fist. Use a wet spoon to scoop and drop it into the hot water.
7. When the balls start to float, let them cook for 2 more minutes.
8. Remove and let them cool in cold water.
9. Bring the water back to the boil and repeat with the remaining meat
10. Freeze the rest of the beef balls once they are cooled.