Friday, October 15, 2010

Salmon with special sauce

Yesterday I went to grocery store, and saw some fresh salmon. I want to make a fish dish with some sauce in it. However, I am not sure what kind of sauce? I have tons of organic cherry tomatoes at home, and need to get rid of them. After getting some instructions from one of the iron chef (MS. MA). She told me some of the ingredients needed to put this sauce together. I was so happy to hear that I can use my cherry tomatoes.

It was so yummy. My hubby loves it.


Ingredients:
3 pieces of Salmon
-marinade the salmon with salt & pepper
-fry the fish and pat dry with paper towels.

For the sauce:
-1 TB of olive oil
-1 cup of cherry tomatoes (slice in half)
-1 TB of sugar (you can add more to suite your taste)
-1 tsp of pepper
-1 TB of ketchup
-1 TB of oyster sauce
-1 TB of fish sauce
-some water
-1 onion, cut into wedges
-1 red onion, cut into wedges
-Scallions/cilantro for garnish.
-taramind soup base powder, lemon/lime juice or vinegar.
-pineapple, green pepper, yellow or red pepper (optional)

Method:

1. In the wok, Fry the Salmon and put aside.
2. In the same wok, add olive oil and throw in the cherry tomatoes.
3. Add sugar, pepper, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and ketchup
4. If the sauce is not sour enough, you can add some lemon juice, vinegar or taramind soup base.
5. Add the fried salmon back to the wok.
6. Let the sauce simmer on both sides of the salmon
7. Add the pineapple, green pepper in.
8. Throw in the white onion and red onion wedges
9. Garnish with cilantro or scallion

This would go well with rice.

No comments: