Chè Bắp is basically Vietnamese corn pudding with tapioca pearls and coconut milk. Corn is in season so I have to make this Vietnamese dessert. I got the recipe from Mrs. Apple from another forum. She gave me a great tip. She suggested that I used half bag of fresh pandan and extracted the juice out from the leaves . Then added to the pot. And I did.
Wow! It tasted so good! The aroma of fresh pandan juice added extra flavor to this dessert. This can be served with coconut milk.
Here is the whole pot. The sweetness of the corn combines with the wonderful pandan juice. This dessert is out of this world.
1/2 cup of sweet rice
1/2 cup of tapioca pearls (small kind)
1 teaspoon of fresh pandan juice
1 can of coconut milk
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoon of tapioca flour
2 tablespoon of condense milk
8 cups of water
1. Remove the corn from the cob.
2. Cook the tapioca pearls and let it drain in the bowl.
3. Add the sweet rice to the pot, and add 8 cups of water (cook for 15 min)
4. Add salt in the pot.
5. Add in the corn and let it cook until soft. (15-30 minutes)
6. Add in the sugar, and add in the tapioca pearls (mix well )
7. Add 2 TB of tapioca flour with 1/2 cup of water and mix together in a small bowl.
8. Pour the tapioca flour mixture to the pot
9. Add in the pandan juice and mix well.
10. Serve with coconut milk
1. Add one can of coconut milk in the sauce pan.
2. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt
3. Add 2 TB of condense milk
4. Add 1 teaspoon of tapioca flour with a little bit of water in a container and then add to the saucepan.