Monday, April 5, 2010

Baked Chicken Chive Biscuits - Ba'nh Xe^'p He.

It was such a nice day yesterday. I went out to my garden to clean up the mess from the winter, and I saw my chives are growing very nicely. I picked some of these organic garlic chives.




Organic Chives from my garden



I have no idea that I was going to make this snack. I looked in my freezer and saw 6 chicken legs. I decided take the meat out and put in the food processor with some seasoning. I used shallot, onion, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, pepper, sesame oil, and oyster sauce. And of course chives. And voila, look what I made? Ta ta................... Baked Chicken Chive Biscuit. Nice huh?


One can of Pillsbury, flaky layer of reduce FAT biscuits, can make 16 of these yummy baked chicken chive biscuits.


I always have a can of Pillsbury in my freezer. There are 8 pieces of big biscuits in this can. I divided each piece by two and made 16. It doesn't take long to make this snack at all.


Here is a closer look.


Yummy! These will go well with a cup of coffee for breakfast.



Ingredients:
1 can of Pillsbury biscuits
1 small onion (minced)
1 small shallot (minced)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 TB of sugar
1/2 salt & pepper
2 TB of oyster sauce
1/2 tsp of sesame oil
handful of organic chives
6 chicken legs (take out the meat)
1 TB of tapioca flour
2 egg yolk (to use for egg glaze)

Method:
1. Extracted the meat from the chicken legs (I only use half portion of the meat fillings for 16 biscuits. You can use 2 cans for 32 biscuits with the meat from the 6 chicken legs.)
2. Put the chicken meat in the food processor and pulse 3 times.
3. Marinade chicken with salt, sugar, pepper, onion, garlic, shallots, sesame oil, and tapioca flour
4. Take one piece of the dough and divided into half.
5. Scoop the filling into the dough.
6. Fold them together.
7. Brush with eggs yolk glaze
8. Oven 350, bake for 10 minutes.
9. Turn down the oven to 300, and bake until golden brown.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Krissy @ thefoodaddicts.com said...

oh that looks so great! that's cool you grow he in the backyard. i have some vietnamese herbs, but haven't planted he yet. i think that's my next plant!! thanks for the idea!