Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Duck Bamboo Vermicelli Noodle Soup - Bún Măng Vịt

As Thanksgiving is approaching closer, the weather is getting a little chilly. It's the best time to have soup. I made chicken and beef soup before, but not duck soup. Looking back, my MOM always made duck salad. She has this really good dipping sauce with the salad. It's consist of garlic lemony fish sauce with a touch of sugar, ginger, mint, and pineapple. It was awesome. I just love it every time she makes it. Not until recently, I discovered this duck soup recipe. One of the forumer posted her duck soup pictures. I had it before, but I just never CARE to make it.


Duck salad with mixed herbs and fried shallots.


Bún Măng Vịt - Duck Bamboo Vermicelli Noodle Soup. This bowl of soup is perfect for any cold weather or even when you are a little bit under the weather. After you had this soup, everything will be better.

Last week, I want to have duck bamboo vermicelli noodle soup on the weekend. I asked my hubby to go and buy a duck and all the ingredients to make this soup. He bought all the ingredients for this dish, and even cleaned the duck. He found ton of FAT in the duck. He decided to do a liposuction on the duck before making the broth. :-) My hubby is a health conscious individual. :-)

Check out he pot of broth. As you can see the duck has no skin or FAT thanks to my hubby.

The key to making excellent soup is to make excellent broth, and that is largely dependent on using dried bamboo shoots and infusing it with the aroma of duck.

Check out the wonderful pot of broth.

I decided to purchase four duck legs quarter to use for the duck salad.

Duck salad consist of thin slices of cabbage mixed with mixed herbs. Pour a touch of garlic lemony fish sauce over the platter. Delish!

I added dried shallots and peanuts as well. The duck meat and be dipped with the fish sauce with pineapple. It was so yummy!


Here is the reward for my hubby with all his hard work.


Enjoy!

No comments: