Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bún riêu - Crab soup with Tofu and Vermicelli noodles

It's definitely not a soup weather day. In fact, it's very hot outside. However, I have too many ripe tomatoes. Also, I have been wanting to use this one bag of frozen snails, and half container of frozen crabs in my freezer for the longest time. Therefore, I decided to make Crab soup, Bún riêu. Bún riêu cua is served with tomato broth and topped with crab or shrimp paste. And you can eat with beanspouts, cilantros, and a variety of fresh herbs.


A bowl of soup would not be right if you don't have all the fresh herbs with it. I went to my MOM's house and picked all these fresh herbs.

Here you go. One whole big pot of bun rieu.

I just love chewing the crunchy snails with the sweet crab meat in this wonderful soup.


Enjoy!

No comments: