Here is a closer look.
1 bag of mussels (I used New Zealand), scrubbed and beards removed.
Spring onions (white portion - trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths; green portion- cut into small pieces)
Ginger root, cut into thin small strips
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
peanut , chopped
2 TBS of olive oil
1 & 1/2 stick of butter ( I used Imperial - Cholesteroal free). Melt the butter in microwave.
1/2 cup of water
1/2 tsp of corn starch
3TBS of oyster sauce
1 TBS of sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Method for premixed sauce:
1. Heat the oil in the cleaned pan , and add the green portion of spring onions in for 2 minutes and pour it out to a bowl.
2. In the same pan, add garlic, add all the sauce ingredients in until boiled.
3. Add the ginger, white portion of the spring onion in for 3 minutes to create a rich sauce.
1. Rinse and drain the mussels and put into a baking sheet.
2. Place in 375 degree oven and bake until the shells open.
3. As the mussels begin to open, immediately remove the other half of the shell.
4. Discard any mussels that have not opened.
5. Scoop a little bit of butter in each of the mussels.
6. Add in the pre-mixed sauce.
7. Put mussels back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
8. Take it out the oven, and garnish with the green portion of the spring onion.
9. Put chopped peanut on top.